Reconigure ShoreTel Environment to Forward calls to Cloud Phones Migrated Users
When migrating "some" users from a ShoreTel system, it becomes necessary to seamlessly allow dial by name/extension from the legacy ShoreTel system to users who have been migrated out/off of the ShoreTel system. This is so that users who remain on the ShoreTel system have a seamless dialing experience for migrated users.
NOTE: For migrated users to have the same dial by name/ext experience on the new system, a directory needs to be setup on the new system that calls the DID of all non-migrated users (those still on ShoreTel). This process only covers the ShoreTel forwarding side of this scenario.
- Identify all the migrated users.
- Identify all migrated users NEW (temp?) DIDs
- Reconfigure migrated user's ShoreTel Ext (Do this ONLY if you have a desire to save the legacy user extensions for
any reason - like to ensure they still have access to old voicemail
messages. IF, not needed simply delete these users extensions.)
- RE-number migrated users extensions,
- Uncheck "include in system dial by name directory" AND set to PRIVATE (this frees up their known/published ext, and hides the old user xtn from the system) AND remove the DID for this user - take note as you will re-assign this DID in step 4. Then SAVE.
- Created new ShoreTel Route Point for the Migrated Users
- Create a new ShoreTel Route Point set the Name to be the First and Last Name of the migrated user.
- Enable the DID for this user from step 3c above. (if appliable)
- Uncheck "Mailbox Server"
- Check "Include in System Dial by Name Directory"
- Be sure to set the "User Group" to a group that has permissions to HQ trunks.
- Set the Route Point Server to the HQ location.
- Set the forward condition to ALWAYS, and set to forward to the NEW (temp?) DID of the migrated user. NOTE: You may have to Save, before you can complete this step - be sure to SAVE again after adding the forward to DID.
5. Make a test call to the user's ShoreTel DID - watch the trunk test tool to see the call come in, then go back out to the new/temp DID of the migrated uses.
6. Repeat this test from an internal ShoreTel phone by dialing the users published Ext (now new Route point) - watch the trunk test tool to see the call come in, then go back out to the new/temp DID of the migrated uses.
IF for any reason the call does NOT go out to the new/temp user DID, make certain that trunk-to-trunk transfer permissions are enable for any effected user groups.
ShoreTel Connect Client User Guide
The ShoreTel Connect Client User Guide helps you to manage business communications using your ShoreTel desk phone, computer, mobile phone, or home telephone. This User Guide is applicable to both ShoreTel Connect CLOUD and ONSITE users.
SHORETEL FOR SALESFORCE USER GUIDE
This document describes the ShoreTel for Salesforce application. This application appears in the user’s web browser as a side bar or popup when they are viewing most Salesforce pages such as contacts or accounts. This user interface control is called ...
SHORETEL EMAIL SMTP CONFIGURATION FOR GOOGLE APPS
SCENARIO Company no longer using internal mail server and is now using Google Mail and Google Apps to receive SMTP mail from ShoreTel. See ShoreTel KB Details here: https://support.shoretel.com/kb/view.php?id=kA1C0000000L4YjKAK
ShoreTel Voicemail Quick Reference Guide
click attachment to download.
SHORETEL G SUITE INTEGRATION
For customers using Google G Suite (formerly known as Google Apps), ShoreTel offers the ShoreTel Connect for Chrome™ browser extension which provides integration with G Suite Contacts and G Suite Calendar events. ShoreTel Connect for Chrome™ browser ...